Students can earn elective credits through a CAIS approved internship or .5 elective credits from work experience. The combination of internship and work experience credits can not exceed 1.5 total credits.
To be considered eligible for an off campus internship, students are expected to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Must be a Senior or meet the additional requirements for Junior internships
- Must have a minimum 2.0 GPA and/or meets or exceeds all criteria on Career Readiness Rubric scored by all CAIS teachers.
- Passes all classes the term before and during their internship.
- Student has attendance rate of 92% or higher with no unexcused absences during the trimester prior to internship. Attendance must remain in good standing during internship.
To be considered eligible for an internship as a Junior, in addition to meeting the above requirements, students are expected to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Student must have earned 15+ credits entering their Junior year
- OAKS State tests in the areas of Science, Math and Reading (CAIS Board of Directors will be making revisions in 2015-16 to this policy due to the state moving from the OAKS to SBAC assessment)
OAKS State Writing test or two writing work samples scored at 4′s or above in all areas
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes